Wim Hof Method Fundamental Course
Wim Hof Method - Fundamental Course - (Mixed Batch) 24th December, 2019, Bangalore
The Wim Hof Method is a unique and scientifically proven breathing and self conditioning workshop.
“The Iceman” Wim Hof is a Dutch athlete and multiple Guinness World Record holder known for his ability to withstand extreme cold and his extraordinary achievements. Wim believes that EVERYONE is capable of doing the same exceptional things his body allows him to do. That’s why he developed the Wim Hof Method - a combination of breathing exercises, cold therapy and commitment - to give YOU the tools to take control over your body.
Wim Hof, figured out a way to break into his autonomous nervous system and take control over his body – like breathing, heartbeat, stress and digestive processes – in a way that science and medicine always said was impossible.
He has 26 world records to his name – including climbing up Mt. Everest in his shorts, running a marathon at the North Pole barefoot, and running a marathon in Namibia with no water. He is highly regarded by the likes of Tim Ferriss, Joe Rogan, Tony Robbins, Laird Hamilton, Alistar Overeem etc.
He’s on a mission to share the potential health benefits of his method, working with scientists around the world to prove that his techniques work. The Wim Hof Method has been scientifically proven to make you healthier and stronger, and is based on three pillars:happier, Breathing Gradual Exposure to Cold, Mindset and Focus
Your Wim Hof Method certified instructor for this workshop in India is Shereen Yusuff.
Shereen is an IIT Graduate from Kharagpur. She is presently working in the Oil and gas industry in Houston, Texas. She has been an athlete since childhood, including national level tennis, marathons, ultra marathons, triathlons, martial arts and mountain climbing. She is a certified Wim Hof Method instructor, trained by the best – including Wim Hof himself – in Spain, The Netherlands and Poland.
She has currently done over 24 workshops and trained over 300 people.
The method helps in the following ways:
1) Reduces stress and anxiety
2) Alleviating depression
3) Reduce obesity
4) Treats sleeping disorders
5) Reduces inflammation which is considered the source of almost all diseases we have
6) Increases alkalinity in the blood
7) Reduces allergies
8) Treats auto immune disorders
9) Faster injury recovery
10) Helps breaking pre set beliefs
11) Increases clarity of mind, focus and determination
12) Helps in breaking addictions
13) Enhanced athletic performance
14) Improved blood circulation
15) Heightened awareness
16) Improved meditation practice
Wim Hof Method - Fundamental Course:
Put yourself in the expert hands of a certified WHM Instructor Shereen Yusuff to learn the 3 pillars of the Wim Hof Method: Breathing Technique, Cold Exposure & Commitment. Find out how you can utilize oxygen and cold exposure to optimize body & mind, and learn about the underlying physiology.
The workshop is limited to 35 participants, the intimate quality allows for ample personal attention, and feedback tailored to your specific situation. Whether you are looking to improve mental or physical performance, relieve symptoms related to an illness, or are just curious to find out what the Wim Hof Method is all about— a WHM workshop offers something for everyone.
The program generally kicks off with an introduction to the Wim Hof Method, and always includes a breathing session and an (optional) ice bath. At the end there is ample room for reflection, and the Instructor is there to answer questions throughout the workshop.
Instructors have their own specializations, and there is some variation across the individual workshops. A detailed overview of the day is sent out upon registration.
If you have no prior experience with cold exposure, we recommend you finish your showers cold in the days leading up to the workshop. This may be overwhelming at first, but just try to relax, focus on your breath, and bring it into a controlled, steady rhythm.
Who is this workshop for?
• Athletes who want to enhance performance or recover faster from injury
• People with weight loss issues, Depression, Auto Immune Disorders, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lyme Disease, Anxiety, PTSD, Fibromyalgia; Insomnia; High Altitude sickness; Skin and hair issues; Cold hands and feet, Weak immune system etc.
• People getting over addictions and trauma release
• People generally looking to become happier, healthier and stronger
Note: Pregnant women and people who have had a history of epilepsy are advised not to do this method. People who are on heart medication would need a physician’s release before they attend the workshop.
This workshop is suitable for everyone, but does require a basic level of health. Out of precaution, we advise against participation during pregnancy, or if you are epileptic. People with cardiovascular issues, or any other serious health conditions should always consult a medical professional before starting the Wim Hof Method.
Activities at the Workshop: Theory, Breathing and optional Ice Bath
• “In completing this registration, I declare that I will not participate in the event unless medically fit to do so and that, my participation in this event is purely at my/our own risk and wish. I accept that the organizers will not be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, costs or expenses which may arise in consequence of my/our participation in the event. I also agree to the full Terms and Conditions.”